The Foundation for Global Sports Development
Dr. Steven Ungerleider is co-founder of the Foundation for Global Sports Development (GSD), a not-for-profit organization that focuses on promoting healthy lifestyles using sport as a channel for stronger academics and mentoring relationships. GSD works around the world in promoting their Values and Objectives as outlined below:
Global Sports Development Values
- Teamwork: The importance of coordinating efforts with organizations and athletes who share our dedication and commitment of promoting the positive benefits of sports
- Integrity: All activities promote trust, respect, authenticity, and dignity.
- Sportsmanship: The importance of exhibiting and observing qualities that are highly regarded in sports – generosity, courtesy, pride, ethics, and fair play.
- Agility: The commitment to rapidly adapt and grow in order to achieve our mission.
- Education: A belief in the positive impact of life-long learning and mentorship
Global Sports Development Objectives
- Support the development and well-being of underserved youth
- Develop and sustain long-term collaborations and relationships with sports organizations and agencies
- Report impactful sports benefits, issues, developments, and stories
- Recognize exceptional individuals and organizations
- Provide opportunities to mentor youth worldwide